If you are going out in the evening, it is because you most probably have a date or you have a very important evening event to attend. That said, you definitely wish to look your best and this trickles down to having the right evening dress on. Evening dresses today come in a wide range of styles and colors giving you a variety of options. With such a huge variety, you will find a dress that makes you pop. The major thing to look out for when looking for the perfect dress is your body type. You will never go wrong when you dress your body type and size.
When choosing your dress, it is also important to look past that one event. It can be a waste to choose a dress that you can only wear once. A good dress will give you a chance to wear it over and over again and still be comfortable, so choose the style and colors with care to make this possible. Below are style tips that can help you select the best and the right dress for you.
- If you are apple shaped, you have more weight around the tummy and hence you need to choose a dress that holds this area a little more. A simple, classy dress without over-done detail will work great with this shape.
- To hide the tummy, you can go for a dress with a little detail or ruching around the bust area and one that shows off your beautiful legs. This kind of a dress will take the attention off the area you are most conscious about. You can also throw on a belt around the tummy to disguise it and create a beautiful figure.
- If your body is straight down and straight up, you are better placed wearing a short dress with a high neckline. You can also add a necklace that makes a statement and big earrings to add details on top. This will also add volume to the bust area and you will be showing what you have that is beautiful legs. A strapless dress will also work amazingly well with this body type since it creates a waistline and outlines the hips.
- For the body that is broader around the shoulders, choose a dress that counteracts the shoulders or one that ends up creating a little more volume around the hips. A dress with a V neckline and a tulip bottom will balance out the body. You will feel and look more proportional when the hips are out a little to balance with the shoulders so choose a dress that gives you this perfect look.
- A pear shaped body is not too hard to dress and you will therefore have plenty of options to play around with till you find one that feels just right for you. Dresses cut under the bust should do you justice. Empire line dresses are most suitable, but if you have a bottom that is bigger you can choose a dress that disguises the hips. You can do this by adding a little bulk around the shoulders with a cashmere or stylish cardigan.
- The hourglass figure is considered perfect and all you need to do is exaggerate the waist so the bust and the hips balance out amazingly well.
Photo by zhangliyuanzi